What is the Google +1 Button ?on Apr 02 in Blog, News, SEO by Phoenix_ws
The world of the web have been in broad discussion over the step Google has taken into mixing SEO with Social Media, the Google +1 button. This seems to be very similar to the Facebook Like feature except the only difference is that when you +1 a blog article or web page it will help promote that website or page to your contacts via Google services.
Google have been investing a lot over the last few years to try and make search results more personalised and focused to a user, iGoogle which helped promote websites you visit most to be in the top of the search results when they contain information you are searching for. Now the Google +1 will allow you to recommend content to your friends, these will be of great value as most people buy products after reading a review and even more so if a friend or family member recommends a certain product. This new feature is what Google is trying to capture in its search results a more friendly, precise and focused results containing good relevant content.
Google +1 is only available in the US and hasn’t had the code released to add the buttons onto websites yet, but soon once the code and the feature is made more available we will start to see it everywhere.
- Google +1 Button Discovered (yvoschaap.com)
- Google launches +1 button (cash-bandit.com)
- Search Gets Social With Google ‘+1′ Button (abcnews.go.com)
- “Google Presents The +1 Button!” and related posts (pagetrafficblog.com)
- Google’s New Social Networking Feature (dailyseotip.com)
- +1 For Google’s Social Media Plan (unionstreetmedia.com)